Re: Metadata corruption detected at xfs_inode_buf_verify

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017, Carlos Maiolino wrote:
> > I have a raspberrypi and try to use that as a small file server. After
> > trying to delete a ~1TB direcory, it locked up and was then power cycled.
> > Now I cannot mount the XFS partition any more:
> >

> Rpi will usually power cycle when it overheat, and possibly when an NMI is

Sorry, I should have been more clear: the Rpi locked up during "rm"[0] and
then I power-cycled the box. And then I noticed the xfs trouble.

> Removing 1TB directory, doesn't say much, you can have a 1TB file, which will be
> quite fast to delete, or you can have 1million 1MiB files, which will require
> extra processing (and maybe your Rpi couldn't handle that?)

It was a 1 TB directory with lots of small and semi-large files, and yes,
that may have been too much for this Rpi. I spoke to Eric Sandeen on IRC
and he suspected the same.

> See xfs_repair -L option.

Yes, that's what I did in the end :-\ After the fsck was finished, the 1
TB directory was still there (the "rm" managed to remove ~300 GB or so)
and I removed the rest on a larger machine, so it's all good for now.

Thanks for replying,
Christian.

[0] http://nerdbynature.de/bits/4.11.0-rc5/xfs/kern_log.txt

--
BOFH excuse #152:

My pony-tail hit the on/off switch on the power strip.