Re: Device Description for FPGA Components on x86 system

On 10.04.19 16:21, Alan Tull wrote:

> I wish I could point you to a complete solution, but there is a lot of> work to be done in this area.  Most of what is in the kernel is a low>
level in-kernel API [4].  As you correctly state, the hardest part of>
this is doing the enumerating if you are on x86 and aren't using>
devicetree.
ACK. I believe, introducing oftree the right way to go. I've got that
on my 2do list, too, but yet too busy w/ other things. So, if you'd
like to work on that, I'd highly appreciate that.

I'd like to also use oftree overlays for some platform drivers that
essentially just initialize/wire up generic drivers to perform some
board specific function (eg. drivers/platform/x86/pcengines-apuv2.c).

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@xxxxxxxxx -- +49-151-27565287