Re: PROBLEM: i5-3317u MCE during UEFI boot

On 09/23/2012 10:16 AM, Mike Bakhterev wrote:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Justin P. Mattock
<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/23/2012 09:55 AM, Mike Bakhterev wrote:

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Justin P. Mattock
<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

disabling MCE wont hurt the system.. its just a notifier.
I disabled MCE over here because it was preventing my machine from waking
up
from suspend. the problem is fixed now, I just decided to leave it off(if
the machine overheats it will just shutoff). in your case looks like MCE
doesnt know what to do with the filesystem its looking at so its crapping
out, but then again could be something different.

Justin P. Mattock

So You suggest that when the system powers up it somehow senses that
it is overheated, and rise an exception. Hm... And when it boots from
slow device, or in "slow mode", it able to reach the state when ACPI
is ready and fans are active. Am i right? Then may be i should try to
force acpi/thermal and acpi/fan modules initialization. May that help?

- MB

I don't know if its overheating. looking at the image you posted I see a
daemon doing something with /tmp then the panic occurs with something about
corruption. im guessing MCE doesnt know how to handle whatever filesystem
you have when it reads that block. under the kernel MCE has instructions for
overheating and file corruption notification

Justin P. Mattock

It is clear, but the same MCE, with the same code, in my case could
emerge at different boot stage, or even when i try to rfkill bluetooth
adapter...

tough to say what's really going on. but if MCE is getting in the way of productivity(you booting with uefi) then disable it, then focus later on the PANIC with MCE or file a bug and let the author deal with the problem with _there_ driver.

Justin P. Mattock