Re: PROBLEM: i5-3317u MCE during UEFI boot

On 09/23/2012 09:20 AM, Mike Bakhterev wrote:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Justin P. Mattock
<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

looks like you are way past grub and secure boot..
just remove it from the .config  X86_MCE [=n]
under processor options

Justin P. Mattock

Secure Boot is disabled in that thing. So it is not a problem to make
Linux boot. And is it safe to disable MCEs? Shouldn't this stuff mean
something important?

disabling MCE wont hurt the system.. its just a notifier.
I disabled MCE over here because it was preventing my machine from waking up from suspend. the problem is fixed now, I just decided to leave it off(if the machine overheats it will just shutoff). in your case looks like MCE doesnt know what to do with the filesystem its looking at so its crapping out, but then again could be something different.

Justin P. Mattock