Re: Linux WPAN and Contiki NG

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 1:36 PM Marek Küthe <m-k-mailling-list@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 08:57:09 -0500
> Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > As Stefan said, you can not yet run TSCH on Linux.
> > Many of us would like to make it happen, and a few (Alex!) are writing code,
> > but there hasn't been a resources to allow anyone to spend real time on it.
> > Typically, people combine a Linux host (like a openwrt router) with a USB
> > connection to a Contiki or RIOTOS (or maybe Zephyr now) device that acts as
> > the 6TISCH device.
> >

> Thanks for the answer! However, when I create a new wpan0 interface,
> `coordinator` also appears for choice. Is this not TSCH related?

no, it's not TSCH related. You can probably have a tun interface and
speak with a contiki co-processor to forward raw IPv6 from/to a
contiki device. Google keyword is "slip", but then you don't use any
of Linux 802.15.4 or 6LoWPAN functionality.

If you use 802.15.4 contiki without TSCH or what we at least support
"legacy devices", be sure you disable ContikiMAC which is an
out-of-spec duty contiki specific duty cycle thing.

- Alex