Re: 6LoWPAN (IPv6 over BLE) neighbor discovery

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 9:41 PM Philipp Blum <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  > Which neighbor discovery are you talking about? Can you be more
>  > specific here?
>
> Sorry, I cannot, since I am not too familiar with the network stack.
>  From my point of view, mostly as a user of the stack, I can't pass down
> IPv6-PDs from my router down to the RIOT RPL network.
> I need some workarounds with radvd in order to distribute the PD.

What kind of workarounds? I am curious...

> There is a markdown file about it:
> https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/pkg/nimble/README.ipv6-over-ble.md

Okay, if you like you could also try [0] on bluetooth networks... I
never did it on bluetooth. Although I think it does not make any sense
because it makes only sense on a mesh network and so far I understand
this is the difference between bluetooth 4.x vs 5.x/upwards and
currently there is no mesh bluetooth 6lowpan support here (but mesh
bluetooth on link-layer is there). It's a star topology. I guess what
you could try out is ndisc-proxy setup which is mostly the same but no
routing involved and they share the same prefix.

> People in the matrix chat pointed me towards the mailing list.

I see, on this layer it would be linux-wpan and linux-bluetooth.

- Alex

[0] https://github.com/linux-wpan/rpld