Re: 6LoWPAN (IPv6 over BLE) neighbor discovery

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 4:24 PM Philipp Blum <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am currently working on a demonstration for the W3C TPAC next month.
> Just wanted to get an update on this topic, since RIOT uses it in IPv6
> over BLE.

Which neighbor discovery are you talking about? Can you be more
specific here? I am not aware that any 6LoWPAN implementation uses any
optimized in-kernel IPv6 neighbor discovery for any low power/lossy
network, we are still using the default IPv6 one which should probably
still work if the other side supports it. In 802.15.4 we tweaked it a
little bit to support the short address into the address option as
RFC4944 describes it [0] that autoconfiguration can use it.

I added linux-bluetooth in cc.

- Alex

[0] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4944#section-8