Re: wpanusb?

Hello.

On 21.07.20 19:11, Christopher Friedt wrote:
+Erik

Sorry for my late response.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 10:42 AM Stefan Schmidt <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    If we want this moving forward we need to push it ourselves.
    Christopher, as you brought this up I am wondering if you have any plan
    to work on the wpanusb driver side? Koen offered to work on the RIOT
    side, but this does need the linux kernel driver as well.

Erik is also actively looking at wpan-usb for the BeagleConnect currently.

I'm sure I could get it up to snuff. In particular, it should be straight-forward to do with the nice list of TODO items that Stefan outlined earlier in the thread :-) [1]<https://marc.info/?t=159041047800001&r=1&w=2>

Koen will also have some time in August and expressed interest in working on it. I will be away on vacation first half of August. It would be great if you three can coordinate this a bit.

    With the other changes we discussed as changes before we should have a
    first target of what we wanted to get implemented. (and see what we
    forgot when the pieces are coming together)

Exactly.

I had one question, specifically because it impacts the BeagleConnect project, but also because it's been a while since I've done any 15.4 hacking in Linux.

Does Linux already support the 900 MHz phy and IEEE bits?

If possible, we're hoping to be able to use it for the 2.4 GHz band and the 900 MHz band.

We have drivers for the sub-GHz band (at86rf212 and the HUL USB support in atusb which also uses the 212). We also have support for a listen-before-talk (LBT) driver operation to make that part work with the drivers.

To be honest I have not done sub-GHz testing myself here, but given the work people put into the at86rf212 support I would think it should work for some first tries. Reports welcome!

regards
Stefan Schmidt