Re: wpanusb?

Hello.

On 25.05.20 14:39, Christopher Friedt wrote:
Hi all,

Bouncing around a bit, but in Zephyr, there is reference to a
"wpanusb" Linux kernel driver here:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/samples/net/wpanusb/README.html

This *might* be the driver in question:

https://github.com/finikorg/wpanusb

It is.

Just wondering if anyone has made any attempts to submit that, or
would that go directly upstream these days?

I had a chance to talk to the author a while back. Not much activity from his side.

For me this needs to be designed in a way where we could have bare metal, Zephyr, RIOT or Contiki based firmware implementing the interface and the driver would just work. The code available is a good start but needs more work.

I was, and somehow still am, planning on working on this. But with the world turned upside down there was always something else to look at before. Its on my list, just not very high. If anyone wants to have a stab at this feel free and let me know.

Hope you are well.

Incidentally, we're hoping to do a microconference at Linux Plumbers
again this year again, virtually of course.

Feel free to keep me in the loop. Would be happy to participate again if time allows.

regards
Stefan Schmidt