Re: wpanusb?

Hello all,

Long term RIOT maintainer here.

On 30-05-2020 17:08, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 7:33 AM Stefan Schmidt
> <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 29.05.20 21:33, Christopher Friedt wrote:

>>> I was chatting with him as well on Zephyr Slack and let him know that
>>> there was significant interest in it going upstream. I worry though
>>> that it might not be a high priority for his employer.
Most of our developers have of-the-shelve development boards such as the
nrf52840dk and the samr21-xplained pro. For us a generic firmware +
Linux kernel driver would be a very welcome addition to the tool set.
>>> I'll bring it up in the Zephyr Slack. They want to incorporate it into
>>> their "tools" repository, but it really should go into Linux at some
>>> point.

I'm willing to work on this for a RIOT implementation, assuming there is
some documentation available on the USB protocol side :)
I think I should be able to get a relative generic firmware application
able to run on any of our hardware boards as long as they have a radio
and a USB interface.

Koen