AT86RF212 based USB-Stick (HUL)

Hello everyone!

Disclaimer: I am new to kernel driver development

I'm trying to get the BUSWARE HUL stick [1] to work using the atusb driver.
I know this is not officially supported, but this stick is very similar to the
rzusb stick which is stated work experimentally on the linux-wpan website.

I flashed the stick with the atben firmware using dfu-programmer and it seems to
be working quite nicely.

I'm on Kernel 4.9 lts with arm architecture (raspberry pi b+)

I have modified the atusb driver to support the at86rf212 chip (inspired by the
at86rf230 driver). It seems to be working just fine. I can configure the stick
as i like with the iwpan tool, so the configuration over usb seems to be
working. Also, i can see the wpan0 interface and can create a lowpan interface
on top of it (as described on the lowpan website).

However, using the lowpan interface has no effect. No data gets sent over USB.
I am able to capture the traffic using tshark, but the data never arrives at the
atusb driver's atusb_xmit() function.

My idea currently is to put printk statements within the kernel to detect
where the data gets lost. I can capture the data with wireshark so i should be
able to find my calls somewhere in the kernel code.

Do you have any suggestions as to where i should start my debugging adventure?
I cannot seem to find where a socket call is initiated and how it is propageted
down to the driver level.

Any help welcome!

[1] http://www.busware.de/tiki-index.php?page=RF212USB

--