Re: 802.15.4g Support (again)

Hello.

On 08/12/16 10:09, Alan Egan wrote:
Hi Stefan,

I did in the end, though it was something I was working on over the
summer, and the work is being continued by the company I had a summer
placement with. I'm afraid I don't know how much work is happening on
it at the moment, or what timescales are for submission...

If you have any chance to reaching out to them I think it would be good to let them now that say should talk to us about their work if they are planning to submit it. :)

Working on something bigger internally for a long time without inout from the people you want submit it to often results in frustration on both sides ones the patches are getting posted and reviewed. I have seen this often enough before. If they want to talk to us, we are here. :)

 From what I
remember, the changes will be fairly wide-reaching - properly adding
the channel selection support (even for a fraction of the supported
802.15.4g channels/modulation schemes) requires a lot of changes.

The more wide-reaching the changes are the more important is it to have some discussions about it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt