Re: How to use wpan-ping

Hello.

On 04/11/16 21:58, Xue Liu wrote:
Hello,

Hello.

On 04/11/16 14:19, Xue Liu wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to use latest wpan-ping in RPi3 4.4.28 with ATUSB stick
(latest firmware).

Interesting combination to use a USB dongle on the Pi :)

I have bought two ATUSB for almost 3 years. But have no time to play with.

Glad you finally have the time. :)

 I follow the README.wpan-ping as “./wpan-ping -d

0x0001” or "wpan-ping -a 0x0003 -c 5 -s 114", but I got en error
message:

bind: No such device

It can't find the device it should bind to. Did you setup a short address
for the interface?

iwpan dev will tell us.

Yes, you are right. Now it is running. But there is still a error message:

Packet size must be between 5 and 104.

change 114 to another one will solve this problem.

I'm a bit conservative here on the payload size. With short addressing you should be able to have a bigger payload. Wpan-ping should detect this based on the commandline (use short or extended address) and adjust the limit accordingly.

even with parameter “-i wpan0”.

This interface is only used to get the address over netlink. It needs to be
set before with iwpan though.

This interface is not used on the server side to bind to the device because
this would need extra permissions I wanted to avoid for this small utility.

Does wpan-ping require latest kernel like bluetooth-next ? Or did I
miss something ?

It should not depend on anything new.

I have another ATUSB on my Linux PC (Ubuntu 16.04, 4.4.0-45). It gives
me another error:

socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Any idea about it ? Thanks

This really sounds as if the kernel on your Linux pc does not have ieee802154 socket support enabled.

Any chance you could paste the relevant parts of the .config for this kernel? Is it self build or from a distro? Which version?

regards
Stefan Schmidt