Re: How to use wpan-ping

Hello.

On 04/11/16 14:19, Xue Liu wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would like to use latest wpan-ping in RPi3 4.4.28 with ATUSB stick
(latest firmware).

Interesting combination to use a USB dongle on the Pi :)

 I follow the README.wpan-ping as “./wpan-ping -d
0x0001” or "wpan-ping -a 0x0003 -c 5 -s 114", but I got en error
message:

bind: No such device

It can't find the device it should bind to. Did you setup a short address for the interface?

iwpan dev will tell us.

even with parameter “-i wpan0”.

This interface is only used to get the address over netlink. It needs to be set before with iwpan though.

This interface is not used on the server side to bind to the device because this would need extra permissions I wanted to avoid for this small utility.

Does wpan-ping require latest kernel like bluetooth-next ? Or did I
miss something ?

It should not depend on anything new.

regards
Stefan Schmidt