Re: How to use wpan-ping

Hello,

> Hello.
>
> On 04/11/16 14:19, Xue Liu wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I would like to use latest wpan-ping in RPi3 4.4.28 with ATUSB stick
>> (latest firmware).
>

> Interesting combination to use a USB dongle on the Pi :)

I have bought two ATUSB for almost 3 years. But have no time to play with.

>  I follow the README.wpan-ping as “./wpan-ping -d
>>
>> 0x0001” or "wpan-ping -a 0x0003 -c 5 -s 114", but I got en error
>> message:
>>
>> bind: No such device
>

> It can't find the device it should bind to. Did you setup a short address
> for the interface?
>
> iwpan dev will tell us.

Yes, you are right. Now it is running. But there is still a error message:

Packet size must be between 5 and 104.

change 114 to another one will solve this problem.

>> even with parameter “-i wpan0”.
>

> This interface is only used to get the address over netlink. It needs to be
> set before with iwpan though.
>
> This interface is not used on the server side to bind to the device because
> this would need extra permissions I wanted to avoid for this small utility.
>
>> Does wpan-ping require latest kernel like bluetooth-next ? Or did I
>> miss something ?
>

> It should not depend on anything new.

I have another ATUSB on my Linux PC (Ubuntu 16.04, 4.4.0-45). It gives
me another error:

socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Any idea about it ? Thanks