Re: extending driver mrf24j40

Hi,

Am 02/20/2016 um 10:20 PM schrieb smlng:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using 2 lowpan transceivers on a Raspberry Pi namely openlabs at86rf233 and microchip mrf24j40ma. I found that the latter one seams to be somewhat _incomplete_, that is it doesn't support handles for _reset_ and _wake/sleep_ gpio-pin configuration. Further, this makes connecting the mrf24j40ma to the RasPi pinout inconvenient (IMHO). On the other hand the atmel driver (at86rf230)[1] does support these functions, so I'd like to _port_ the reset and sleep functionality into the mrf24j40 driver[2].

Yes, hard-reset functionality would be nice.

Remember the wake/sleep functionalty is limited only, if the subsystem doesn't use the
transceiver then it will go into sleep mode. Nothing more is supported for powersaving
currently.

> Is anybody working on this, and if not: do you think it is useful/worth while doing so? I'm willing to work on that and implement these extension, maybe also restructure/clean up the driver code a little bit in this process.

ok. Great!

If I remember correctly Koen Zandberg (I cc him here) said something about the
hard-reset functionality @irc, that he plans to implement it.

Koen, do you already working on this or still try to bring mac802154 led-trigger
functionality mainline? :-)

Also I cc "Alan Ott" the maintainer of mrf24j40 driver.

- Alex