Re: [ANNOUNCE] wpan-tools 0.3 released

Hello.

On 11/12/14 16:02, Michael C. Cambria wrote:

On 12/07/2014 04:54 PM, Alexander Aring wrote:

ok. Read introductions at [0]. Begin at "Bring up 6LoWPAN" section.
For the at86rf230 you should have default a wpan0 interface. If you
use wpan-tools simple type "iwpan" and read the help for setting
address information. I think for at86rf230 you need to set the panid
only, phy settings should be transceiver defaults and short address
isn't supported for 6LoWPAN (except broadcast address, of course). The
documentation is a little bit outdated currently.
[deleted]

If you need help simple ask here or for better fast live supporting
you can contact me via IRC #linux-wpan on irc.freenode.net. Ping
between two nodes should be an easy setup. - Alex [0]
http://linux-zigbee.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/GettingStarted-0.2

-- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
linux-wpan" in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx More
majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

I'm using bluetooth-next, and it boots and seems to find the openlabs.co
adapter just fine.

Thanks for mentioning this adapter. I was looking for something like this for a while. Just ordered. :)

Anyone has some tips about cheap but easy to use sensor nodes with contiki and maybe TinyOS support? I don't care about senors or such on them at all. My use case would be testing the communication interop between the Linux stack and contiki or other embedded OS's.

All I found so far are 70€ or higher which I find a bit pricey for my use case.

regards
Stefan Schmidt