Re: [Linux-zigbee-devel] Linux WPAN sources for ZigBee porting

Hi,

> >> Just now I am trying to define which MAC features required by ZigBee exist
> >> and which are missing.
> >
> > many.
>
> I know... For now it looks like not using Linux wpan is simpler than use it.

correct.

> >> Which WPAN sources I need to look into?
> >> Is it official Linux kernel?
> >> Is it in https://github.com/linux-wpan/linux-wpan-next ?
> >
> > Yes it is.
> >
> > master: things which should be mainline.
> > testing: patches for integrating process.
>
> ok, thanks.
>

> >> Which branch?
> >>
> >> Is serial protocol v.2 already implemented?
> >
> > No, also v1 isn't mainline.
>
> Yes, I already found a patch for v1.
> What i definitely need from the serial protocol is ability to do indirect send.

indirect send?

> >> What do you think about its modification if it will be necessary for
> >> ZigBee? It will be, for sure...
> >>

> > mac802.15.4 isn't in an useable state. I am currently try to change it
> > look in the rework branch.
>
> wpan_rework_rfc?

Yes, but it's not in a mainline state. I disabled for integrating
process the 802.15.4 address family. For ZigBee userspace stuff you need
definitely af802154. I could give you the advice to make everything on
802.15.4 RAW sockets. DGRAM sockets are only for data frames and the userspace
API will be changed eventually.

For af802154 you can use current mainline state.

- Alex