Re: ICMPv6 Redirects

On Monday 29 September 2014 07:42 PM, Alexander Aring wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 07:35:05PM +0530, Varka Bhadram wrote:
On Monday 29 September 2014 07:28 PM, Alexander Aring wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 02:51:51PM +0100, Simon Vincent wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. My problem is I am receiving all packets.
PACKET_OTHERHOST does not seem to be dropped. A suggestion from Varka was to
disable redirects however it now seems that this is not possible on a ipv6
interface.

I can fix the problem by dropping PACKET_OTHERHOST in mac802154_subif_frame.
The first what IPv6 does is [0].

See my previous mail. Also that we should handle on 6LoWPAN packet
handler function for receiving "lowpan_rcv" we should do the same,
otherwise we parsing PACKET_OTHERHOST sk_buff's and drop these directly
in IPv6 layer, which makes no sense.

But what I see is that the current behaviour should also work.
Instrument the IPv6 delivery function and be sure that the information
about PACKET_OTHERHOST was not dropped.

- Alex

[0] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/net/ipv6/ip6_input.c#L72
Generally Echo reply will happen at the IP Layer. But the dropping of packet is
happening at IPv6 layer by as you mentioned above.

IP Layer == (IPv6 || IPv4)

I don't understand what you mean. There is some code sharing between
IPv4 and IPv6 like neighbor discovery and ARP handling. Also for route
things...

I am taking about IPv6 stuff.. We need to debug from where the redirect is happening..?

--
-Varka Bhadram