Re: ICMPv6 Redirects

On Monday 29 September 2014 07:28 PM, Alexander Aring wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 02:51:51PM +0100, Simon Vincent wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. My problem is I am receiving all packets.
PACKET_OTHERHOST does not seem to be dropped. A suggestion from Varka was to
disable redirects however it now seems that this is not possible on a ipv6
interface.

I can fix the problem by dropping PACKET_OTHERHOST in mac802154_subif_frame.
The first what IPv6 does is [0].

See my previous mail. Also that we should handle on 6LoWPAN packet
handler function for receiving "lowpan_rcv" we should do the same,
otherwise we parsing PACKET_OTHERHOST sk_buff's and drop these directly
in IPv6 layer, which makes no sense.

But what I see is that the current behaviour should also work.
Instrument the IPv6 delivery function and be sure that the information
about PACKET_OTHERHOST was not dropped.

- Alex

[0] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/net/ipv6/ip6_input.c#L72

Generally Echo reply will happen at the IP Layer. But the dropping of packet is
happening at IPv6 layer by as you mentioned above.

From where the packet redirected we need to debug the  exact reason...?

--
-Varka Bhadram