Search Linux Wireless

Re: Any thoughts on how to best shield u.fl connectors on NICs?

Hi Ben,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Two things come to mind:
>
> First, I'd like to put 2+ NICs close together in the same chassis.
> Would be nice if they were as isolated from each other as possible
> so that each NIC could work independently of the other (once I can
> get to SMA connectors, there are > 90db shielded cable options,
> but of course it could just go to antenna where it all mixes again
> anyway).
>
> Second:  If one wants to use an attenuator and coax cables to connect
> AP and Station systems together, the AP and Station need to NOT also
> be transmitting through the air.  Anything I can do to keep that
> over-the-air communication minimal should help.
>
> Truth is, I'm not sure how much it really matters, but after a few weeks

To be quite honest, if I were doing this, I'd be making a custom
chassis that had shielded partitions to house the NICs and probably
use something like this to get signal to the NICs:

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=pcie+extension+cable

But this would be getting towards the construction of some serious
test equipment.

What are you trying to achieve here?

Thanks,

--