Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce : freeze after connecting to network with FW Power Save on

(sorry for the delay, I got caught up in other things, and forgot to send
answer email)

On Wed, 16 May 2012 11:18:16 -0500, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

> On 05/16/2012 05:41 AM, Anisse Astier wrote:
> > I enabled the following options:
> > CONFIG_LOCKDEP_SUPPORT=y
> > CONFIG_LOCKDEP=y
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_LOCKDEP=y
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK=y
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES=y
> > But it didn't detect any lockup yet, and machine still hangs. I'll try
> > CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING.
> >
> > Enabling CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO seems to make the problem go away...
>
> That may explain why I never see the problem. I do not think I have ever
> generated a kernel with that parameter disabled, and my distro's kernels have it
> enabled. Does anything new get logged (dmesg output) when that parameter is enabled?

There's no zero difference in dmesg output. Have you tried with
debug_info disabled?

Unfortunately, I've lost access to this hardware, so I won't be able to
do more test for quite some time.