Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce : freeze after connecting to network with FW Power Save on

On Tue, 15 May 2012 11:45:40 -0500, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

> On 05/15/2012 10:04 AM, Anisse Astier wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:51:23 -0500, Larry Finger<Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote :
> >
> > I'll try wireless-testing then. Are all rtlwifi patches in
> > wireless-testing ?
>
> I think that all are in wireless-testing.

Ok, problem is reproduced with wireless-testing, too. I also have hangs
when unloading the driver sometimes (loaded with fwlps=0), but I wasn't
able to get a trace either.

> > (This problem was also reproduced with 3.2.X)
> >

> >> to say that I cannot duplicate your results, and that we need to explore the
> >> rest of your system to see what is different.
> >>
> >> Is your system 32- or 64-bit? How many cores in your CPU? Have you tried
> > 32 bits, SoC is an AMD E1-1200, with 2 cores.
>
> My search shows that the clock rate for this processor is 1.4 GHz. The only
> system that I have that can run the RTL8188CE is 2 GHz.
>
> >> connecting to more than one AP? What is the make and model of the AP that needs
> > I've tried two different APs, with and without keys (open and WPA2)
> >
> >> to have power save turned off? What is the mode of operation?
> > One is a Linksys WRT54GL with dd-wrt(WPA2), the other(Open) is a
> > carrier's set top box/router (Freebox).
>
> I thought the locking in the Power Save routines was OK, but perhaps there is
> some raciness that is exposed by the difference in speeds. The lack of
> diagnostics on the netconsole is a problem.
>
> Do you have kernel debugging turned on for the lock diagnostics, and the Detect
> Hung Task configuration variable? Perhaps we can get some logging that way.
I enabled the following options:
CONFIG_LOCKDEP_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_LOCKDEP=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_LOCKDEP=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES=y
But it didn't detect any lockup yet, and machine still hangs. I'll try
CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING.

Enabling CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO seems to make the problem go away...

> Have you tried the vendor's driver from www.realtek.com? I don't think it will
> make a difference, but it could be worth a try.
Nope, not yet.