Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce : freeze after connecting to network with FW Power Save on

On 05/15/2012 10:04 AM, Anisse Astier wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:51:23 -0500, Larry Finger<Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote :

I'll try wireless-testing then. Are all rtlwifi patches in
wireless-testing ?

I think that all are in wireless-testing.

(This problem was also reproduced with 3.2.X)

to say that I cannot duplicate your results, and that we need to explore the
rest of your system to see what is different.

Is your system 32- or 64-bit? How many cores in your CPU? Have you tried
32 bits, SoC is an AMD E1-1200, with 2 cores.

My search shows that the clock rate for this processor is 1.4 GHz. The only system that I have that can run the RTL8188CE is 2 GHz.

connecting to more than one AP? What is the make and model of the AP that needs
I've tried two different APs, with and without keys (open and WPA2)

to have power save turned off? What is the mode of operation?
One is a Linksys WRT54GL with dd-wrt(WPA2), the other(Open) is a
carrier's set top box/router (Freebox).

I thought the locking in the Power Save routines was OK, but perhaps there is some raciness that is exposed by the difference in speeds. The lack of diagnostics on the netconsole is a problem.

Do you have kernel debugging turned on for the lock diagnostics, and the Detect Hung Task configuration variable? Perhaps we can get some logging that way.

Have you tried the vendor's driver from www.realtek.com? I don't think it will make a difference, but it could be worth a try.

Larry