Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce makes keyboard repeat and mouse freeze

2012/5/2 Julian Calaby <julian.calaby@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM, simple w8 <simplew8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> But isnt strange that the wifi driver can interfere in the keyboard
>> when typing? and also be capable to interfere with the pointer device?
>
> It is very strange. I've had it happen to me before with a RAlink wireless card.
>
> From the behaviour, I'd expect it to be some form of misconfiguration
> of the interrupts on your system, (i.e. keyboard / mouse interrupts
> are being delayed / dropped) this could be caused by:
> - the drivers not setting them up correctly for *your particular system*,
> - your hardware being mis-configured or damaged
> - ACPI not passing the correct data to Linux
> - or some combination of all the above.
>
> In my case, it was definitely an issue with the wireless card's
> driver, however that doesn't mean that it's the same for you.
>
> It's simply impossible to duplicate these sorts of issues without the
> exact system that has the problem, so unless someone else has an
> identical system and is experiencing this exact problem, only you will
> be able to debug this.
>
> Given that there are many people out there with working Realtek
> wireless cards who are not experiencing this problem, it's unlikely
> that this is an issue with that particular driver.
>
> Also, there are many people (myself included) who use Microsoft
> hardware products with their Linux computers without incident, so it
> is unlikely to be related to the vendor of your keyboard / mouse.
>
> To debug this, the first thing I'd do is read through your entire
> dmesg output from a clean boot that's exhibiting these symptoms and
> see if Linux is complaining about anything or if there are any errors.
> Following up on any errors would probably be a good place to start. If
> there is some form of misconfiguration of your hardware, it is likely
> to be listed there, and following up on that would be another good
> thing to do.
>
> If there aren't any errors or warnings, the next thing I'd check
> whether the Realtek card and the keyboard / mice controllers (USB host
> or PS/2 port or whatever) are sharing any hardware resources. If they
> are, you may be able to fix your system by convincing your BIOS to let
> them have their own stuff. Another thing to look at is if there are
> any changes to the resources your BIOS gives various devices when the
> system has the card and when it doesn't, this may point you in the
> direction of a different driver that has issues. (saving dmesgs,
> stripping out the timestamps and diffing them is a good way to find
> issues like this)
>
> That's about the limit of my knowledge on this, but following up on
> any errors or warnings in the dmesg output and talking to the
> maintainers of any relevant hardware (or the subsystems it's attached
> to) would be a good start.
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for all the hints but im not an expert and also appars what i
have been trying to say to Larry doesnt appear to be of much
importance to him.

I have build and installed the Realtek driver
(92ce_se_de_linux_mac80211_0005.1230.2011.tar.gz) and im getting *11*
wifi networks against *3* wifi networks detected if using the driver
from latest kernel (version 3.3.5).
I know what Larry said but the differences are obvious and many, so
the fix that was commited in rtl8192ce maybe needs to be reviewed,
will someone listen please?