Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce makes keyboard repeat and mouse freeze

On 04/29/2012 08:11 PM, simple w8 wrote:
2012/4/30 simple w8<simplew8@xxxxxxxxx>:
2012/4/30 Larry Finger<Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 04/29/2012 07:51 PM, simple w8 wrote:

2012/4/30 Larry Finger<Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Get

http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2012-04-26.tar.bz2.
That is the "bleeding-edge" version. As I said in the previous message,
it
will build on your kernel!

I didnt remove any mail address i simply forgot to hit the reply all
button.

That IS removing mail addresses.

Previously i tried to build the subdirectory rtlwifi but that wasnt
possible, so build the entry tree compat-wireless and installed it,
but the problem about having repeated chars when typing and the mouse
freeze continues happening.

Now a different problem, i noticed that after kernel-3.3.1 it started
appearing less wifi networks, where i used to detect about 10 wifi
networks, with kernel>    3.3.1 it only detected about 2 or 3 wifi
networks, i reported that to the distro and they said was a problem
from upstream since they didnt had changed nothing regarding wifi, and
after i installed compat-wireless that was solved. Im running
kernel-3.3.4 with compat-wireless and it detects again about 10 wifi
networks.

Should i report this upstream so it can be fixed still in the
kkkkkernel 3.3.4 serie or you ccccccan do it?

Whatever patch that fixed that problem will be backported to 3.3.X if it can
be. Not everything qualifies.

By the way see how the characters "k" and "c" got repeated when i was
typing last paragraph.

I see them, but they do not happen on my machine, thus I have no idea of the
cause. So far, you can only say that they don't happen when rtl8192ce is not
loaded; however, you have no network then either. The problem could be
anywhere in the network stack.

You said earlier that you tried the Ubuntu Live system. Would it be possible
to download and try the openSUSE 12.1 Live CD as well? As you have used
Ubunbtu, you should try the Gnome version.

Larry

These are the distros that i tried so far and all presented the same
problem i have described:
- Mandriva
- Mageia
- Ubuntu
- Kubuntu
- Caixa Magica

What wifi you have?
What distro you run?
Do you run NetworManager?

You forgot the "Reply All" again!

I run openSUSE 12.1 KDE, and I use NetworkManager.

I have many wifi devices, including both RTL8188CE and RTL8192CE. At the moment, I am running an RTL8188CE, which has been up for nearly 100 hours without dropping the connection, and with no problems with the keyboard. My kernel is from wireless-testing, which means that my wireless stuff is exactly what you got with compat-wireless.

Larry