Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce makes keyboard repeat and mouse freeze

2012/5/1 simple w8 <simplew8@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2012/5/1 Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On 04/30/2012 10:40 PM, simple w8 wrote:
>>>

>>> Its done, and i have reloaded the module, but how can i be sure/check
>>> about the rtl8192ce parameters?
>>

>> When you 'modprobe -rv rtl8192ce && modprobe -v rtl8192ce', you will see the
>> options listed.
>>
>> I do not use anything from Microsoft.
>>
>> You will need to bisect the differences between 3.3.1 and 3.3.2. I see all
>> the local networks and cannot duplicate your problem. Thus, you will need to
>> see what patch is causing the problem.
>
> Well the problem while typing and having repeated characters and
> sometimes the mouse frozen is gone when i runned that parameters for
> rtl8192ce... finally a solution for that torment... well now you know
> what was the cause and what needs to be fixed :)
>
> Regarding the problem of kernel > 3.3.1 detect less wifi networks, i
> will talk with the distro kernel maintainer to see if this can be some
> caused by some patch that he adds to the distro kernel and then ill
> let you know.

SEams that was your last fix for rtl8192
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=commit;h=eb641120479de7ee703fabb5e6ee0ec7947474ba
  that reduced the wifi force, thus detecting less wifi networks.

Running without that "fix" the notebook detects more wifi networks,
seams like the antenna have more force.