Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce makes keyboard repeat and mouse freeze

2012/5/1 Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 05/01/2012 03:42 PM, simple w8 wrote:

>>> You keep talking about "antenna force". What does that mean?
>>>
>>> That patch keeps your device from running forever at a maximum of 1 Mbps
>>> by
>>> adjusting the initial gain of the RX amplifier. You may reverse it if you
>>> want so that you can detect more APs when you scan; however, most people
>>> prefer to get better performance from the device. That patch will not be
>>> reversed.
>>

>> Could you please clarify a litle more about the why and the patch fix?
>

> Before that patch, when the device scanned after the connection was up and
> running, it set the gain very low. When that happened, the receiver failed
> to see any info coming from the AP. The AP would retry several times, and
> then cut its transmit rate to 1 Mbps. That rate would stay until rtl8192xe
> was unloaded and reloaded. To me, that is a lot bigger problem that what you
> are seeing, which is why I will not change it back!
>
> Larry

Ok i have been using only kernel-3.3.4 (with compat wireless) and i
have been seeing a strange behaviour, it starts by detecting for
example 6 wifi networks and passed some time the 6 wifi become 1, and
passed a litle longer NetworkManager reaches the point of not showing
any Wifi network.
Then i restart wpa_supplicant and i get back 3 wifi networks.

With kernel-3.3.1 i dont remember this ever happened...