Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problem with the rtl8192cu - kernelmodule after ifdown, ifup

Hi,

> > I am using a USB WLAN - Stick with Realtek 8192 kernel driver. After
plugging it
> > works fine, connecting to a WPA - network works. After ifdown wlan0, ifup
wlan0
> > the stick no longer works , it stucks on scanning. Only a modprobe -r
rtl8192cu;
> > modprobe rtl8192cu fixes the problem. The problem only appear if more than
one
> > wireless - network is in range.The problem appear only in connection with
the
> > rtl8192cu driver, other USB - sticks (with different Chipset) and other PCIE
-
> > boards operate properly.
> > In order to reproduce the behavior repeat the sequenceifdown wlan0, ifup
wlan0 a
> > few times.
[..]

After mode debugging with DBG_LOUD I found out that the difference when the
driver is loaded/modprobed and ifdown/ifup to be a receive configuration
register (RCR) value.

On bootup/modprobe:  ### Set RCR(0xf0002a0e) ###
On ifdown/ifup: ### Set RCR(0xf0002ace) ###

If I force RCR value to 0x2a0e in rtl92cu_set_hw_reg()inside HW_VAR_RCR case
everything works ok.

This seems to work with 3 different vendors USB sticks based on 8192cu chipset
(Edimax, EDUP and some unknown vendor).

I tried looking up the bit values meanings from that register but couldn't find
a proper spec.

Thanks,
Nicu Pavel