Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8187B wireless driver issue

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Vignette consultant
<vignette75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Hi
>
>  I get timed out errors consistently as per attached log file.
>  I tried several Live Cds from fedora, sidux - but i get the same dhcp
> error. I used to be able to connect before.
>
>  Please check attached log and see if you can point me towards the solution.

Your log do not add anything new - I already asked you to do 3 things,
and there is no indication you have done any of them; there is no
point writing me the same things you had wrote to Larry or
linux-wireless, and try to get a private answer - Your won't. (please
do not remove the CC:'s and please do not write privately on general
help matters).

1) make sure that wpa_supplicant is *not* running - newer liveCDs can
have wpa_supplicant working (compare to older which does not use it).

2) make sure your authentication credentials - essid, passphases - are
in the network config files and agree with what you are trying to set
on the command line, just in case udev wants to unset your credentials
you are setting manually on the comamnd line.

3) switch from kernel-modules-backport to a different version of
compat-wireless and/or vice versa. There were some transient bugs a
while ago.