Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8187B wireless driver issue

Vignette consultant wrote:
>  Hi
>
>  Attached files contain several logs of various commands. The log-1
> file is before running command and log-2 file is after running
> specific command.
>
>  Here are commands that I give as soon as I log in. It's server edition.
>
>  $ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
>  $ sudo iwconfig wlan0 ESSID linksys
>  $ sudo dhclient wlan0 - results in no IP addr leased

Your wireless has not associated and has no communication, which is
why it cannot get an IP using DHCP.

A quick check with Google indicates that Ubuntu uses
/etc/network/interfaces to control the devices. Once that is correct,
you should be able to 'sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart' to start
the network. If the server is properly configured, the network should
start on boot.

BTW, the dmesg buffer is circular. All that usb monitoring output has
completely filled the buffer, and it contains no useful information.