Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ANN] b43 LP-PHY support (BCM4310/4312/4315) working (partially)!

2009/8/19 Mark Huijgen <mark.sf.net@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Gábor Stefanik wrote:

>>> After step 2, interface cannot be brought up:
>>> # iw dev wlan0 scan
>>> command failed: Network is down (-100)
>>>
>>> No extra output in dmesg
>>>
>>> After step 3 (so with default chan 7 again), interface comes up and I
>>> can scan:
>>> # iw dev wlan0 scan
>>> <<list of scan results>>
>>>
>>> No extra output generated in dmesg.
>>>
>>> I must add that I do not have debugging messages enabled for any
>>> mac80211 related options, only for b43 module.
>>>

>> That's not needed.
>>
>> However, try "iw dev wlan0 scan trigger".
>>
>> Also, try switching to all B/G channels manually.
>>
> To summarize, all cases with patches and new firmware:
> case 1: cold boot with default channel 7, RC calib error and 'init
> channel failed' error,
> case 2: recompile+reload b43 with default channel 1, just 'init channel
> failed' error,
> case 3: recompile+reload b43 with default channel 7, works
>

> You mean 'iw dev wlan0 set channel 1' for example?
>
> In case 2 (with default chan 1), ifconfig wlan0 gives error
> "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Input/output error"
>
> # iw dev wlan0 set channel 1
> no output generated, also nothing in dmesg
>
> # iw dev wlan0 scan trigger
> command failed: Network is down (-100)
> nothing in dmesg.
>
> Both commands do not give any output in dmesg in case 3 either.
>
> Tried channel 1 up to 11, 12 and higher gives 'command failed: Invalid
> argument (-22)', which is expected I think.

Set your regulatory domain to something that allows higher channels
(e.g. iw reg set JP - this one unlocks channels 1-14 (14 is
CCK/802.11b only); or iw reg set HU - channels 1-13) to test channels
14 and up.

Also, test this:

Create a monitor interface (iw dev wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor)
Up the interface (ifconfig mon0 up)
Set channel to 1 (iwconfig mon0 channel 1 or iw dev wlan0 set channel 1)
Run tcpdump on the interface (tcpdump -i mon0).

Try for other channel values as well. (You don't need to recreate the
interface for each channel, just use the channel-setting command to
switch the channel.) You should see packets on all channels.

Another thing to try: add a printk to b43_lpphy_op_set_channel and
print out new_channel. This will log all channel change requests
(including automatic ones) to dmesg, which can be helpful.

If you set your AP to channel 11, can you connect to it & use it as normal?

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)