Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ANN] b43 LP-PHY support (BCM4310/4312/4315) working (partially)!

Gábor Stefanik wrote:
> 2009/8/19 Mark Huijgen <mark.sf.net@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Gábor Stefanik wrote:

>>> What do you see in dmesg after running a scan?
>>>

>> After step 2, interface cannot be brought up:
>> # iw dev wlan0 scan
>> command failed: Network is down (-100)
>>
>> No extra output in dmesg
>>
>> After step 3 (so with default chan 7 again), interface comes up and I
>> can scan:
>> # iw dev wlan0 scan
>> <<list of scan results>>
>>
>> No extra output generated in dmesg.
>>
>> I must add that I do not have debugging messages enabled for any
>> mac80211 related options, only for b43 module.
>>

> That's not needed.
>
> However, try "iw dev wlan0 scan trigger".
>
> Also, try switching to all B/G channels manually.

To summarize, all cases with patches and new firmware:
case 1: cold boot with default channel 7, RC calib error and 'init
channel failed' error,
case 2: recompile+reload b43 with default channel 1, just 'init channel
failed' error,
case 3: recompile+reload b43 with default channel 7, works

You mean 'iw dev wlan0 set channel 1' for example?

In case 2 (with default chan 1), ifconfig wlan0 gives error
"SIOCSIFFLAGS: Input/output error"

# iw dev wlan0 set channel 1
no output generated, also nothing in dmesg

# iw dev wlan0 scan trigger
command failed: Network is down (-100)
nothing in dmesg.

Both commands do not give any output in dmesg in case 3 either.

Tried channel 1 up to 11, 12 and higher gives 'command failed: Invalid
argument (-22)', which is expected I think.

> One more thing to try is create a monitor interface and run kismet on
> it. In addition, you can use aireplay-ng on the monitor interface to
> test TX.

Never done anything with monitor mode before, so when I have some time
I'll look into it.