Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFT/RFC] rtl8187: Implement TX/RX blink for LED

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is not user configurable. The revised Kconfig selects it automatically if
> MAC80211_LEDS is set and LEDS_CLASS is y or m. The user never sees it in the
> configuration process.

That's great and that's how I think it should work.

> Thanks for the heads up. I have not been able to suspend my computer due to
> other problems, but I'll see what I can find.

My guess is that it is probably related to resource to do with the new
work-queue.

> On another subject, I have been working with the vendor driver from
> rtl8187B_linux_26.1036.0708.2008. I stripped out a lot of the dead code and made
> the modifications so that it compiles cleanly with kernel 2.6.30-rc1. I also
> modified it to handle my RTL8187B stick with the 8187 ID. The driver scans OK,
> but so far it has not associated with my WPA2 AP. My hope is to get it running
> so that I can compare throughput with the current Linux driver.

That's quite some work! I wouldn't mind seeing the diff, or even the
incremental diffs, if you have done it in git.
I had an old patch for beyond 2.6.28 but never got it to work, I
think. Have some problem with porting forward another vendor driver
(the zd1211) and can certainly benefit from some tips.