Search Linux Wireless

Re: IBSS issues

Hello!

> Yes, the TBTT is calculated only once after joining the BSS network.

What about the following, which is called after scanning?
ieee80211_if_config(sdata, IEEE80211_IFCC_BEACON_ENABLED);

This calls indirectly the function which looks in the template for the TSF.

> Am not sure I understand the proposal. What would the tsf value in
> set_tsf() be ?
> 11.1.4 (IEEE802.11-2007) says that the TSF has to be reset to zero on
> joining
> an IBSS network. We do that correctly.

In the praxis setting the TSF should not a problem as log the value is not higher then the original TSF from the other node. As long the clocks are working correct and the other node is not moved with nearly light-speed this shouldn't happen. ;)

> To calculate the next TBTT, we
> can't use the
> HW TSF, since it has just been reset. And the Beacon's timestamp + intval
> + FUDGE
> is what we do in ath9k to get the TBTT for this peer, which I think is
> correct.
> A sniffer shows the beacon generation being evenly distributed.

I think the TSF timer keep this value more up-to-date than a static variable in RAM, so that e.g. the speed of the CPU has a lower effect on the de-sync of this value.

Regards
Alina

--
Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 ¿/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a