Search Linux Wireless

Re: IBSS issues

Hi Sujith!

> I am seeing some strange behavior in IBSS mode with current
> wireless-testing.
>
> Scenario:
>
>  * Create a new cell using ath9k.
>  * Wait for a while to do a background merge scan run.
>  * Join the cell from another peer ( say, using ath5k ).
>  * Station dump in peer1 1 doesn't show the new peer right away.
>  * The merge runs are not supposed to happen if a cell has more than one
> peer.
>    It didn't happen before, but it keeps running repeatedly now.
>  * Ping from peer2 to peer1 doesn't go through - peer1 to peer2 works
> though.

The strange thing is after the ping from peer1 to peer2, the ping from peer2 to peer1 works too. The same is if I start tcpdump on peer1. After stopping tcpdump it keeps working. Looking...

> I identified one bug, where the timestamp in the beacon template was not
> updated.
> Patch below. But it doesn't fix the issue.

The TSF of the beacon is setted by the hardware automatically, so to write it in the template is not needed.

Regards
Alina