Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8187 wireless issues

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 11:48:55PM +0000, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
>
>> About dates in wireless-testing log - I had an impression (I could be
>> wrong) that the dates are sometimes git-format-patch/posting dates and
>> not dates at which John commits to wireless-testing? (i.e. the dates
>> shown could be a lot earlier than time of commit, or time of commit is
>> not shown by the dates associated with a patch - I thought this makes
>> sense since the date of a patch should be the first time it appears in
>> the "system", not the first time it gets in-coporated in a particular
>> tree, and patches can go between trees and should *not* pick up date
>> change on the way).
>
> Patch dates in 'git log' are based on their reported creation time or
> (for patches not from git) their posting time.  That's just the way
> git works (at least by default).
>
> I generally tag wireless-testing updates on the master branch with
> a date-based tag.  You can see them like this:
>
> 	git fetch --tags # just in case...
> 	git tag | grep master
>
> Hth!

Apologies. there might be some confusion. When I mentioned the date of the
30/01/2009, I was referring to the snapshot date of the tarball
downloaded, ie. compat-wireless-$(date -I).tar.bz2.

I haven't used wireless-testing's git repo thus far. If it will help with
the rate issue I have then will definitely install that version instead.

Cheers

PGR

--
Laws are partly formed for the sake of good men, in order to instruct them
how they may live on friendly terms with one another, and partly for the

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded
perversity? Have you ever considered a career in the church?
Bishop of Bath and Wells (Blackadder II)