Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8187 wireless issues

P.G. Richardson wrote:
> That is a fair possibility. I upgraded the kernel on Saturday hence I had
> to rebuild against the new kernel. Upon install, I noticed that rtl8187
> was correctly installed. Of course, this second time of building and
> installing, I had removed the blacklist entries for rtl8187 as I had
> successfully used it for 24 hours.
>
> One minor point, I notice in iwconfig is that it doesnt report a bit rate
> of greater than 1Mb/sec. Is this a known issue?

Please excuse my jumping into this thread, but the rate-setting
problem should be fixed in the latest compat-wireless. What version
are you using?

I just looked back at the patch log for wireless-testing. To get the
best code for the RTL8187, you should have compat-wireless from no
earlier than Jan. 28.

Larry