Search Linux Wireless

Re: wireless-testing, p54 and sinus 154 data no longer works

On Tuesday 20 January 2009 00:17:13 Artur Skawina wrote:
> Artur Skawina wrote:
> > Christian Lamparter wrote:

> >> Like this?
> >>
> > yes, that's what i was thinking. Will FREE_AFTER_TX(skb) be false for all skbs
> > that are dropped in p54_rx_frame_sent()?
Not exactly, but it's the right direction. FREE_AFTER_TX is true for _setting_ control frames... e.g frequency/filter/dcf.

> > Also most of the push/pull business in completions can probably go, we just have to set
> > up the pointers right on submission, ie transfer the rx header into the headroom, then
> > no skb manipulations in completions should be needed, and these kind of races should
> > be harmless.
>
> I only looked at the FREE_AFTER_TX(skb) part and completely missed that you had already
> removed the pull, sorry.
Yeah, this will make life easier for the "stuck package" detection...
Although, I'll miss the skb_push & skb_pull checks. But that's a small price,
if your device finally works. (Well "works" is maybe a bit too much,
as you'll probably run into other bugs, e.g truesize bug or the "shot rc", or
more problems with powersaving station that only have apsd).

Regards,
	Chr