Search Linux Wireless

Re: Userspace tools: Roadmap?

Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 18:52 -0500, pat-lkml wrote:
>> Johannes Berg wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 18:18 -0500, Dan E wrote:
>>> There's libnl 1.2 and 2.0? That's news to me! Patches welcome. Sorry, I
>>> guess it needs 1.0 or 1.1, will fix the page.
>>>
>> following is a patch that gets iw working with the development versions
>> of libnl.  I keep it uptodate at: http://wireless.erley.org/
>>
>> The Makefile changes may not be the 'best' way to do it, but it works
>> for me.
>
> Thanks, I think you even sent me that once before already, but that
> breaks with distro versions of libnl. I guess distros will end up
> shipping 1.1 as libnl1 like debian does for a while?
>
> Is there any particular reason you need libnl from git? You could just
> check out 1.1, no?
The reason I'm using git for everything in there is just because I have
it working.  Once master mode is in a released mainline, and stable
packages are released for all of the packages involved, I'll take the
time to revise a new copy of the document that links to 'good' versions,
and get it hosted on something more capable/dependable than my home dsl
line.  Also, someone else may have pushed a similar patch to you, as I
have not sent one upstream.

As far as distros bundling libnl, I know gentoo is shipping 1.1, and am
guessing it will be the version standardized on.

Pat