Search Linux Wireless

Re: wifi-7 + MLO: wlan is not seen in /proc/net/wireless

On 10/3/23 10:06 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm testing a wifi-7 radio against MLO AP.  I notice the link-0 debugfgs links
show up and STA is associated and acquired DHCP, but wlan is not in /proc/net/wireless.
I'm in 6.5.5+ kernel.

Is this expected?

wext doesn't support Wi-Fi 7, see:

https://git.kernel.org/linus/52fd90638a72

For somewhat similar reasons, ethtool stats are broken for MLO
too (see my patches from yesterday).

To keep at least some backwards compatibility, would it be worth
reporting the 'best' link's information?  To me best is highest
band that is connected.  It could also just be the first link that is
connected.

Any suggestions for how to do ethtool stats better for MLO?

Maybe the original values would be for the first, or maybe best link,
and then add new stats fields for second and third links?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>