Search Linux Wireless

Re: Performance of rtw88_8822bu

On Wed, 2023-03-08 at 00:36 +0000, Ping-Ke Shih wrote:

> [...]

Yes, (at least historically) nm-applet requests that NM perform a scan
when you interact with it, on the theory that when you open the WiFi
network menu you probably want to see recent scan results. Similar to
MacOS's AirPort menu.

Most drivers handle that OK with intermittent traffic, but it will
cause disruption if for high throughput and/or latency-sensitive
traffic.

Dan