Search Linux Wireless

Re: Implementing Mikrotik IE

On August 21, 2019 10:12:26 PM GMT+02:00, Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What AP are you trying to connect to? Have you tried adding some other
>random vendor IE, with an OUI that the AP is almost certain to not
>know?
>Maybe it's actually interpreting this somehow?
>
>Would you be willing to show sniffer captures so we could take a look?
>
>johannes

Of course it's interpreting the IE. Random vendor IE works fine. Let me explain why I'm even bothering with sending this mikrotik IE in association requests. The Mikrotik IE has a flag that tells the AP if the station wants WDS. Setting that flag and sending the mikrotik IE is required for transparent bridging with a mikrotik AP.

Sending the Mikrotik IE with the WDS bit set to 0 works fine. Now I'm sure this is a problem on Mikrotiks side, however in ubnts airos this works as expected, and since their airos is probably based on openwrt there has to be a way to make this work.

I will send you the captures, however there doesn't seem to be anything much interesting in them.
Josef