Search Linux Wireless

Re: Implementing Mikrotik IE

Hello,
setting vendor elements in hostapd works great - but I need to add these
custom elements to assoc/reassoc management frames in station mode.
Given that the vendor elements option in hostapd works great would it be
possible to patch wpa_supplicant for it to work in station mode too?

Does nl80211 allow setting NL80211_ATTR_IE for station mode management
frames?

Also what are the 'evil hacks' you are talking about?