Search Linux Wireless

Re: second wifi card enforce CN reg dom

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:25 AM, solsTiCe d'Hiver
<solstice.dhiver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's the second time that you (Ben and Steve) are implying that I
> might break the law.

No implication intended. All I said is regulatory operation is
constrained by laws in various jurisdictions. And how the unit behaves
is likely simply following the rules programmed into it for those
purposes. And, there's nothing we can do to change that.

> But why are you saying that ? I am not gonna repeat myself again.

If the radio only works as CN and won't let you change it, it's
probably a CN radio and is hard-coded to do that. And, the
intersection of your FR regulatory domain and the CN is what it is.
Have you plugged it in alone? And if so, can you get it on FR or does
it stay on CN?

- Steve

--
Steve deRosier