Search Linux Wireless

Re: second wifi card enforce CN reg dom

On 04/12/2018 10:05 AM, solsTiCe d'Hiver wrote:
Hi.

I thought I made myself clear.
I leave in France. My system(s) is/are set up to use FR as default
regulatory domain.

But when I plug in that tp-link card, I am restricted to use CN
regulatory domain. Why am I the only one to see this as a problem ?

I know that one can only have one regdom defined on the system. I have
set it up myself. So why is it changed behind my back by some card or
whatever ?
Like I said, I am left with the option, to disable crda, or to use 2
systems, one for each card !

Or may be try Windows when this is not messed up like that ??? Well,
it's not on Windows that I will be able to use monitor mode, anyway.

You can hack the ath9k-htc driver to allow over-riding the regdom
of the NIC, but that requires an out of tree patch and is probably
against the law in your country since the NIC may then not be able to
pass the regulatory requirements.

Thanks,
Ben

Never mind.