Search Linux Wireless

Re: Usage of WoWLAN with iwlwifi driver (Device phy0 failed to suspend async: error -16)

On Sun, 2017-03-05 at 16:12 +0100, Oliver Freyermuth wrote:

[snip]

> With tcp-mode, and using the small testing code I found from you
> somewhere on the web:
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=361435#c21
> indeed I get:
> "new client!"
> after the machine has suspended.
> It even seems to receive the "WAKEUPNOW" when I close the server,
> since it does not make further reconnection attempts after.

Heh. I think you're quite possibly the first person (other than me) to
ever use this :)

[snip]

> So nothing which looks bad as far as I can see.

Agree, nothing looks bad. Try running "iw event" while you suspend - if
the NIC thought it woke up the system there will be an event indicating
so.

> Maybe this UEFI firmware is broken in a different, albeit "more
> stupid" way:
> Discarding ACPI wakeup from PCI devices, even though it leaves them
> powered?

I guess it's possible. I guess there's also a chance that we're missing
some setup in the driver though. I vaguely remember a patch in ChromeOS
that somehow we never merged ... ah yes, must've been this one:
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/311101
though that means it's not relevant in your system.

So basically I don't really see anything missing in the driver, hmm.

johannes