Search Linux Wireless

Re: gentoo ebuild for compat wireless (resend)

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Johannes Berg
<johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > but this is a problem, when i distribute a ebuild it is useful to have a
>  > locked version, so that i get reproducible results.
>  > My problem, is that i have currently no resources to rehost this
>  > tar-ball. (no official gentoo-dev, no reliable webserver)
>  >
>  > But, i see currently no other solution than rehosting.
>
>  We can keep a few around, but definitely not forever, so you'll have to
>  find somewhere else to host your "known good" versions. While I could do
>  it resource-wise, I don't want the admin overhead of having various
>  distros tell us which ones are known-good for them.
>
>  You could simply get a gentoo dev to help you out.

I can probably get a historic archive of the tarballs hosted on orbit
or winlab site. Give me a few and I'll start something. Let me remind
you now that compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2 tarball has anti-hotlinking
enabled but the compat-wireless-2008-* tarballs won't. Anti-hotlinking
disables people from linking to the tarball externally, this will
force them to read the Download page if redirected from a separate
page, once they go there they can download the tarball. The dated
tarballs don't have this anti-hotlinking enabled now (Johannes just
set this up) so the ebuild/wget'ing should work directly for the dated
tarballs.

  Luis