Search Linux Wireless

Re: gentoo ebuild for compat wireless (resend)

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Florian Manschwetus
<florianmanschwetus@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Luis R. Rodriguez schrieb:
>

> > On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Florian Manschwetus
>  > <florianmanschwetus@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  >> is it possible to get a version appendix on the tar.bz?
>  >>  so it should be easy to get a working ebuild fpr this.
>  >
>  > The problem is there's two things to "version", compat-wireless itself
>  > and Linux. I keep both version already as part of the tarball.
>  >
>  > wireless@sipsolutions:~$ cat compat-wireless-2.6/compat-release
>  > 2.8-49-gfe0f268
>  >
>  > wireless@sipsolutions:~$ cat compat-wireless-2.6/git-describe
>  > v2.6.25-rc5-2623-g7556b76
>  >
>  > You can also just pull these from the directory that was used to
>  > create the tarball:
>  >
>  > http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-release
>  > http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6/git-describe
>  >
>  > Does this suffice?
>

> Not really but it gives a version hint, could you create a symlink or so?
>  a url like that would be fine:
>  http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.8-49.tar.bz2

The problem is that does not reflect changes to Linux so there may be
a lot of great code added and yet this wouldn't reflect it. And if we
go with git-describe for Linux we could get updates on compat-wireless
itself during no code changes on Linux. I could use date (date -I),
that might work best but will it work for you?

  Luis