Re: mwifiex wowlan not working

Hi,

2014/1/10 Andreas Fenkart <afenkart@xxxxxxxxx>:
> these fail:
>
> iw phy0 wowlan enable magic-packet
> etherwake -i wlan0 5C:F8:A1:15:1B:0B
> wakeonlan 5C:F8:A1:15:1B:0B

see followup patch, looks like a bug

> wake-on RX packets with TCP destination port 22
> iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns 44+16

me bad here, should be: (mind the extr 0x00 after the offset)
iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns 44+00:16

> <hit random keys in ssh session, established before sleep>
works great! login through ssh, put it to sleep and wake it
up by hitting a random key. all from the same ssh shell. loving it

Also started to play around with ethtool:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/105122

One thing I noticed, these triggers don't work unless you also
enable a trigger with iw. Any ideas why I need to setup wowlan
via both tools iw and ethtool even if only want ethtool functions?

e.g.

<fresh booted system, wifi connected>
ethttool -s wlan0 wol u
echo mem > /sys/power/state

-> no wakeup on ping request, I see ICMP packets with tcpdump

iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns de:ad:be:ef
ethttool -s wlan0 wol u
echo mem > /sys/power/state

-> wakeup on ping request works

iw phy0 wowlan disable

-> no more wakeup on ping request

iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns de:ad:be:ef

-> works again

iw phy0 wowlan disable
ethttool -s wlan0 wol u

-> doesn't work

iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns de:ad:be:ef

-> works again

Any ideas on that?